What’s Happening around the course
The following work is scheduled to be done in the coming months. Not all is weather dependent so keep an eye open for this work to start:
- Collect & blow leaves
- Apply Iron to greens, hand weed and slit all greens
- Edge & weed all bunkers
- Continue with tree works around the course
- Slit wet and heavy traffic areas
The cushman is currently u/s which means a lot of the jobs have been delayed or put on hold.
Please Note; The Green keepers have the authority to make course closures and implement restrictions.
Any member disregarding the decisions could face some form of disciplinary action.
Social – Dates for your diary
Saturday 7th December & Friday 27th December Bingo
Friday 13th Christmas Draw
New arrivals on the bar, Heineken 0% and mini bottles of prosecco.
Winter warmers: Baileys (50ml) £2.50 ,Whitley Gin & Lemonade £2.00
Please check the noticeboards for Christmas Bar hours.
Golf – Dates for your diary
In January, Craig & Rachael Sherman will be standing down as Junior Organizers. We are looking for volunteers to help with the Junior Section. You will have help with the role from Wales Golf who actively help with our club. The Professional Hugh Williams from Pyle & Kenfig has also offered to coach our Juniors. Please help the club to help our Junior members learn and improve their golf. After all, they are our future………. If more information is required Craig or Gerald Thomas will be more than happy to help.
The new BRS booking system is up and running. If you haven’t already registered please do.
Once on the site you can check daily for tee bookings and also check the room for functions booked.
**** New membership category***** Just Golf membership £365 for further details please contact the club, either by email email@example.com or telephone 01446 751043
Golf Committee – Course Walk – Wednesday 8th May/ Wednesday 6th June 2019
- 1st Hole
- Remove white chain fence to make cutting easier
- Strim against boundary fence
- Reduce in size the “ecological area” between 1st and 5th green (done)
- Small tree (looks dead) – just before road to GK compound – remove
- Strimming around base of trees
- Bunker right of 1st – when in play? (understand before end Jun)
- Consider letting the area behind the 1st & 4th greens become a sustainable area
- Rope by 2nd tee looks poor – alternatives?
- 1st fir on left (between 2nd & 5th) and leylandii behind it – thin or remove
- Trim right hand side of firs on left of hole – hole is getting narrower.
- Trim left hand side of leylandii to right of ladies tee.
- Surround of ladies’ tee (reduce cut height)
- Silver birches (left by 150 yds) – thin out / remove
- Sustainable area (Right of fairway) – Reduce size – Cut back from fir copse to square area.
- Bench, bin & ball washer – move location nearer tee area
- 4 tall trees (left corner) take out or reduce height (the ones in a line from the 150 market back to the tee box)
- Copse just after 150 (left) – trim branches
- Fairway right at 150 – 200 yds from green – Concave cut rather than convex to widen landing area
- 2 small trees right rough just after mound – remove to make cutting easier
- Spay ladies tee for weeds and cut surrounds to tee.
- Widen fairway on left near 150 yd marker.
- Thin leylandii at OOD on left of hole in Greenkeepers’ compound.
- Remove overhanging cherry tree on left between 150yd marker and tall trees (overhanging from OOB).
- Turn middle bunker into grass bunker (at present stones are constantly being raked up)
- The last fence panel between the course and the car park need fixing.
- Thin the first 2 trees to the right of the green.
- The posts between the tee and the road to the right of the tee are rotten and need replacement.
- Return the area between the bunkers and the green to fairway.
- Widen fairway to the left.
- Repair bare area to left of left-hand bunker (damaged by blowing sand).
- Widen the fairway to the left between 150 yd marker and green.
- Are the fairways as wide as they can be in all parts of the course. It is understood that certain areas are too rough to be mowed to fairway length but it was agreed previously to make fairways as wide as possible.
- Remove winter mats.