Please find attached our updated Return to Golf Guidelines following the First Ministers announcement today. Please take some time to familiarise yourself with the changes (in Red).
The guidelines are primarily about Golf activities, but clearly, as a result of the changes announced today, there are implications on how the clubhouse operates. Some of these are set out in the guidelines attached.
I am delighted to confirm that the clubhouse will reopen, Saturday 1st August for members and their families and from Monday 3rd August, we will be open indoors and will welcome visitors both to the golf course and clubhouse.
Clearly, in order to comply with CoVID regulations, we will be operating on a reduced capacity and I want to set out for you how we plan to operate initially from tomorrow. I want to stress that for the first week, we will closely monitor our systems and processes and ensure the safety of all of our staff, members and visitors at all times. This is our primary goal.
Clubhouse & Opening times from Saturday 1st August
– The clubhouse will be open between 8am and 5pm every day – for access to toilets and coffee machine. We have installed a brand new coffee machine which provides quality hot drinks at a cost of £1.50
– The bar will be open between 11am and 5pm every day
– The kitchen will be open between 11am and 5pm every day
– The office will be open Tuesday to Saturday at the times published on the website
– The members bar area will be closed for use
– All doors will be “wedged” open to avoid unnecessary contact
– A one way system is in place throughout the clubhouse – please follow it at all times.
– Entrance to the clubhouse will be via the patio doors on the veranda, with Exit via the main entrance
– Entrance to the toilets will be via the mens and ladies locker room external entrances only – 2 people maximum in the toilets at any one time. Hand driers have been switched off and paper towels are available
– Members are not allowed to use locker rooms for changing or storage of golf equipment and should continue to change shoes in the car park. Where members need to get equipment from their lockers, please do so
– Under no circumstances should members congregate in the locker room areas
– Hand sanitiser is widely available through the club, please sanitise your hands regularly
– Visitors are welcome from Monday 3rd August and Guests of members are also welcome from this weekend. We ask that members plan ahead given the club opening hours in terms of paying green fees – please speak to Anita, the club manager if you have any queries around payments.
– The wearing of face coverings is currently optional, but we will review in line with government policy .
– All staff have been issued with PPE for their protection
Procedure for ordering food and drinks
– Members (including those who have played golf) will need to sign in on entering the clubhouse – only need to sign in once per day
– Hand sanitiser available on sign in.
– One person at the bar at any one time and one person at the kitchen hatch at any one time – floor markings are in place to identify where to order from.
– On 1st and 2nd August, all food and drink must be consumed outside
– From 3rd August, food and drink can be consumed inside our outside the clubhouse.
– The bar will accept cash, but card payment is preferred and the kitchen will only accept cash payment
– Plastic, disposable glasses will be provided for drinks included coffee bins will be available for disposal
– Please do not return glasses / plates to the bar or kitchen, the staff will be doing this
– We have not imposed time limits for staying in the clubhouse / outside areas before or after golf, but ask that members are considerate of others
The above are the rules / guidelines that we have put in place initially and will be kept under constant review.
Please remember : Social distancing – keep 2m apart at all times, wash your hands regularly, wear face coverings if advised to and do not come to the club if you have any symptoms.
It is our absolute desire to open up for longer hours which we will do, but this will be dictated very much by demand from members.
To that end, I would ask that all members make use much use of the facilities as they can to support our reopening – be that the bar or kitchen in order that we can gradually grow our services over the coming weeks.
As we enter August tomorrow with hopefully some good weather and competition golf returning on 9th for our male members I hope that all of you, our members, take the opportunity to enjoy our return to more normality.
Luke Sloan, Captain