We are passionate about bringing young people into the exciting and wonderful world of golf and developing their skills. We have an active Junior Organisers Committee who are constantly looking at how we can help Juniors to enjoy this great sport and reduce their handicap.
Currently we have around 25 boys and girls aged 7 to 18 at St Athan Golf Club. We are always keen to hear from new juniors who want to give golf a go or to join us.
For more information please contact our Juniors Administrator Rachael Sherman on 01446 750680 or 07789 222561 or email her at Rachaelrll@aol.com
Junior GolfCert is the nationally acknowledged accreditation scheme for golf clubs. It provides a framework to help clubs to improve themselves and to ensure that their programmes, policies and procedures are all in line with best practice.
Junior GolfCert aims to:
• Ensure that consistent good practice is delivered through all golf club junior development.
• Ensure accredited clubs are identified and recognised by a national scheme for the good work they do for the sport and their communities.
• Highlight such clubs as exemplars to others in Wales and to provide a focus for the sharing of good practice in terms of working with children and young people.
Within the accreditation, the five key areas assessed are:
• Junior Club Structure
• Recruitment & Coaching
• Playing & Competition
• Coach/Volunteer Recruitment & Education
• Child/Adult Welfare
Junior GolfCert is made up of two levels of award; Standard and Higher.
We are proud to declare that St Athan Golf Club Junior Section has attained both levels of the Junior GolfCert award.
Clubs that achieve the Junior GolfCert:
• Receive a plaque to be displayed in the clubhouse
• Promoted on the WalesGolf website
• Recommended by WalesGolf as a junior friendly club
Integrated within the higher award criteria is the Disability Sport Wales (DSW) Insport Ribbon (introductory level). Therefore, clubs that achieve the higher award are also awarded the DSW Insport club accreditation – Ribbon level.